...my crazy life...
current mood - The current mood of TWBBmom at www.imood.com

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Automotive Update

So I got my first offer on the car. $500. It's just not feasible. Over the last 26 months I've spent $7000 on repairing her. Wow! That's a lot of money you say! Yeah, the repairs nickled and dimed in the middle of 2007 but I talked to my mechanic and the decision I came to that it was better to fix the devil I knew than spend money on a 'new' used car and end up with both car payments and expensive repairs (because 'new' used cars very rarely come without problems). In 2008, the amount I spent on car repairs? $500. And I drive an average of 2000 miles a month. She was in excellent shape and $500 will not get me a car as healthy under the hood as she was.

It's going to be a hard fight with the insurance company. They want to replace the on paper value. I need replacement value which, to me, means enough to get a considerably older but well-working car which is going to be around $2000.

I've put up pics of her final state in my Webshots album.

Thanks for all the well-wishes and support. Sorry I haven't answered any e-mails. I'm overwhelmed at the moment. I spent all day today running 'car' related errands and phone calls and haven't touched my chores yet.

If anyone wants to tell Santa to send me a car for Christmas, you can tell him it's ok that I don't have a chimney. Delivery outside my front door will be just fine by me.


Posted by Valerie at 7:32 PM



design by may